Belly dance DVD instruction designed for your learning needs
Welcome to BellyDance Focus
My goal now is to bring to you the expertise of those teachers by way of a series of DVDs, so that no matter where you are, you can enjoy the same quality of instruction I have.
The series is aimed at professionals, teachers and students of belly dance who have a desire to learn the disciplines that will take you from being a novice to good, dancer or teacher, to becoming a great dancer or teacher.
Each BellyDance Focus DVD features a nationally recognised Australian teacher instructing in an area of their expertise. In this way you will encounter a variety of techniques and approaches combined with the highest quality of instruction. On each DVD you can choose whether to participate in the full class, with explanations of every movement, or run a shorter practice session.
Beginners Series DVD
Begin your belly dance experience with an experienced and expert teacher, Cathryn McCormack. Cathryn introduces you to belly dance in a fun way with helpful explanations and accurate demonstrations. Covers side to side hips, hip drops, hip presses, circles, figure 8s, isolations, and travelling steps.
Option of 70 minute class or 50 minute practice session, front and back view of all practice sessions, warmup, posture practice, side to side hips, hip drops, hip presses, circles, figure 8s, isolations, travelling steps, combinations and choreography combining elements learnt, and cool down and stretch.
Exercises for the core
Technique Series DVD
Every belly dancer needs to master the Egyptian Walk. A folkloric step from the Haggala style, you’ll be surprised at how versatile it can be! As well as incorporating it into other folkloric styles, it can be used in cabaret and forms the basis of a walking shimmy. Cathryn provides helpful explanations and accurate demonstrations with front and back views.
Option of 50 minute class or 30 minute practice session, front and back view of all practice sessions, warmup, posture practice, the Egyptian walk, Egyptian walk choreography, and cool down and stretch.
Exercises for the core
Buy the 2 DVD Set
Free post and pack when you order two or more DVDs!
All products are formatted for PAL only (suitable for Australia, NZ, UK)
Visa and Mastercard accepted.
Post and Pack
FREE for 2 DVD set
$4.95 within Australia for 1 DVD
$6.95 NZ for 1 DVD
$8.95 UK for 1 DVD
Contact us for information about teacher purchase discounts.
How to order
Call us on (02) 6772 6194 or 0437 097 696 and quote your credit card number.
Your DVDs will be shipped the following day.
Post your cheque or money order (in A$) to BellyDance Focus, PO Box 843, Armidale NSW 2350, Australia.
Your DVDs will be shipped within seven days.
Telephone: (02) 6772 6194 or 0437 097 696
International: +612 6772 6194 or +61437 097 696
Postal Address: PO Box 843, Armidale NSW 2350
About our Educational Director: Cathryn McCormack
I am passionate about belly dancing. I started learning in 1990 and loved it so much I never stopped. I commenced teaching in 1993 and continue to study to continuously improve my technique and teaching.
Dance Performance Experience
- 2001-2003 – Director, producer and choreographer of major concerts, “A Season of Passion” 2003 and “Midnight at the Oasis” 2001
- 1993–Present Coordinator and choreographer of student concert days and Haflas
- 1996–2003 Principal dancer with Belly Belly Dance, performing at private parties, restaurants and night clubs throughout Sydney
- 1999–2003 Troupe leader of “The Belly Buttons”, semi-professional troupe
- 1995 Performed as belly dance artist in Japan
- 2006 – Final year of a Masters of Education (Adult Education)
- 2006 – Certificate III in Fitness (Group Fitness)
- 2003–ongoing – Teaching at SportUNE, Armidale
- 1996–2003 – Strathfield Community College teaching beginners and continuation classes
- 1998–2003 Teaching through Belle Belly Dance based around Bankstown
- 1994 – Sydney Community College
- 2003 – Certificate IV in Workplace Assessment and Training
- 2002 – Belly Dance Teacher Training with Belyssa of Belyssa Academy of Dance Orientale